Thursday, February 28, 2008

A few things about your teacher


"Hello. My name is Natasa and I am your teacher." These are the words I start every course with. I rarely go beyond this first sentence. And I try not to talk about myself later during the course, because it is really you who should speak, not me.
Now I am going to volunteer some information about myself:
In case you are wondering how old I am, I am 41. Now that was the painful part. Since I am definitely not going to tell you how much I weigh, I feel I can relax now.
I am married and I have a son who is seven years old.
I have been working at Kolarac ever since I graduated. I hope to stay here till I retire, because I love my school. If this is your first time here, I hope you will love it too.
I am interested in CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning), which is why I have started this blogging project with you (you will soon find out how it all works, let's not worry about it now). Apart from this blog, I have another, personal blog and a wiki (Let's not worry about what "a wiki" is at this point, OK?).
I love reading and discussing books. I like to watch a good film or go to the theatre when I have time, which is very rarely. I love travelling and I used to travel a lot when I was young. Now I like to take things slowly and my favourite holiday destination nowadays would be a sea-side resort.
My favourite singer is Leonard Cohen. Since I love poetry, I find good lyrics very important in a song.
I spend far too much time at the Internet and I think I qualify as an addict.
I love coffee (see the blog name).
I like very dark, very bitter chocolate.
My favourite colour is red.
If you click my Profile, you will see that I am an Aquarius.
I am afraid of the dark.
Have I left any questions unanswered?
Oh, yes, I like instant coffee. Milk, no sugar.

Technorati Tags:

10 comments:

Carla Raguseo said...

Wow, Natasa!

I love your new "coffee blog"! It looks like an ideal place for after class chatting. ;)

It's great to know you are also planning to start a wiki. Wikis are perfect places to collaborate and share resources with the class.

I wish you and your students a great 2008 with lots of learning and interaction.

Let's keep in touch!

Best regards from Argentina,

Carla R.

Maria Martha Espindola said...

Wow, Natasa, that's a good beginning!
Your blog looks great!
I'm sure your students are going to love it!
Good luck!
Hugs from far away in the North-east of Argentina, Misiones, ma.ma.

Nina Lyulkun said...

Hi Natasa!
Your newborn blog looks very nice, cozy and neat.
I have noticed that your place is always gently warm. I like to stay here. It means that it will attract many wonderful guests. I wish your students feel comfortable here as I do.

Dear students, you're lucky to have such a wonderful teacher! You will learn much from her here and there. I wish you a great success and fruitful collaboration!

Nina Lyulkun,
(Ukraine)

Cristina Costa said...

Dear Natasa!
Wonderful post.
Thank you for letting us into your world. Great Start.

Can't wait to read the next posts!
beijinhos
cris

Natasa said...

Dear Carla, Ma.ma, Nina and Cris,

Thank you for this 'housewarming party' in my new blog. And thank you for your encouraging comments.
Do come again. Any time.

Love

Natasa

webgina said...

Hi Natasa,
I love your new blog... I'm new to blogging and when I finish working out a few more kinks I'm going to launch a blog for my Intermediate group and my TOEFL group.
I'll stop by again soon.
Gina
http://webgina.edublogs.org/

Natasa said...

Thank you, Gina. I am new to blogging too, so this is an experiment.
Let's keep in touch.

Natasa

testecarla said...

Dear Natasa and students,

I'm sure this will be a perfect place for some coffee and great discussions. Can't wait to see what's going to happen around!

I'm ready for a cup of Brazilian strong coffee. How about you?

Beijos (kisses) from a Brazilian in Key West, Florida,
Carla
http://explorations.bloxi.jp

Natasa said...

Dear Carla,

Brazilian coffee sounds like a great idea.
I just hope that I won't disappoint you all. I have still only got the introductory note.

Natasa

Maru del Campo said...

Hi Natasa!

I keep thinkign that I should have visited your place earlier! It is warm and friendly.

I have bookmarked it to keep in touch. I may see you at Nina's site, we both start activities the same day.

See you around. Love: Maru